Don’t we all love to find comments? Feedback is one of the things that keep us going. So here’s the challenge.
- Starting here, find a linked blog that you’ve never been to before. It does not have to be book-related. If none of the links in my sidebar are new to you, hit the BBAW list and start there.
- Go to the blog you’ve chosen and browse through the posts until you find something you find interesting. Leave a comment. Mention where you found the link. Mention of this challenge is optional.
- Using the links in THAT blog, repeat. If you find yourself somewhere that does not have any new-to-you links, go back to the BBAW list. Be sure to leave a comment in each location, mentioning where you found their site linked.
- Repeat until you have visited 10 new blogs.
- Write a post on your blog showing your bloghopping trail. Content is up to you; you can highlight your favorites, critique the sites, or just post the list of 10. I recommend you open up a word document (or whatever you use) and list out the urls as you go. It's really REALLY easy to get distracted doing this and lose track of where you were.
- I’d love it if you link back to this post.
- Optional: add your favorites to your own sidebar, or temporarily put up a blogroll widget with the 10 sites you visited.
- Optional: Come back here and leave a link to your post in comments.
Prize: your widened blogosphere horizons. Happy blog-hopping!
Note to bloggers who would like to copy this post: You are more than welcome to repost the rules of this challenge on your own blog, and to have folks start with your own blogroll instead of mine. I would however still love to see a comment here at Alpha Heroes from folks who decide to try the challenge!
OK, here's my trail:
Real Life is Over Rated chosen at random from the BBAW list. No links :(
Romancing the Desert – Sheikh Books chosen at random from the BBAW list
The Pink Heart Society lots of links but not to blogs :( this is harder than I thought!
Back to the BBAW list for the simply-titled The Book Blog
The Auchinleck Academy Library (hmmmm. Auchinleck? Whassat? Interesting…) I didn’t leave a comment here; it turns out to be a school-oriented website clearly targeted for school members & families…
Simply Romance Reviews chosen not-so-randomly from the BBAW list. Oooo. Giveaways. Lots! And from there to….
Lust in Time, a group author blog. How do you resist a blog name like that? LOL. And thence to
Risky Regencies Hee. Fun stuff, don’t miss the Rime of the Vulcan Mariner. Not too many blog links though, just Smart Bitches and this one:
Laurie Likes Books No, I didn’t know she was the AAR Laurie. But I have never been there before, so it counts! Final stop:
Alyssa’s Book Blog: Love it!
That was fun! I didn't love every blog out there, but that's OK. One of the great things about the blog world is how much personality the owner can give her blog, which makes for a more diverse and fascinating internet for us all! (Sorry. It's late. I wax maudlin sometimes.)