Sunday, June 21, 2009

This Just In - Sci-Fi/Fantasy Writers Day June 23rd

Author Sharon Lee has nominated June 23rd to be set aside as Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers Day: "A day of celebration and wonder! A day for all of us readers of science fiction and fantasy to reach out and say thank you to our favorite writers. A day, perhaps, to blog about our favorite sf/f writers. A day to reflect upon how written science fiction and fantasy has changed your life."

June 23rd is apparently the day that Cyrano de Bergerac made the first successful (fictional) flight to the moon.

There's a facebook page, and a bit of a buzz, if you look for it. I think I can manage a post on something from the sci-fi/fantasy genre -- how about you?

June 23rd is also the last day to enter the Naamah's Kiss giveaway... which is a fantasy novel, after all. Funny how things work out sometimes.

2 comments:

Phyl said...

Oooh, I like this! I know I can do something on SF&F writing. Woo!

Now I just need to remember to put it on my calendar after I post this comment, so I will actually remember it tomorrow. Thanks for posting!

Nicola O. said...

Well, you don't have to leave it on your calendar for very long, Phyl -- the 23rd is TOMORROW, lol.

Visitors

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP