Sunday, December 29, 2013

Sunday Soup - December 29

Sunday Soup is... a little of this, a little of that, not too much work, and hopefully a tasty result.

Soup Dish:  book people are talking about...
Happy holidays, whatever version you may (or may not) be celebrating as the calendar year draws to an end. This is the last Sunday Soup of 2013! It's been totally a frantic month for me, and I have neglected the Soup, my usual book-related feeds, AND my actual reading. So, maybe we'll just have a light consomme' this week.  
The Conversation We Never Have - an interesting article regarding some uncomfortable truth about starving artistry versus something resembling a patronage system. Maslow would agree, I think (Maslow's hierarchy might be the only thing I remember from high school intro to psych, other than something-about-Freud).

I loved this review by Leander of a romance classic, Angelique. If I have read this book (and I may have) I don't remember it. But even though the review is not a rave, it kind of made me want to read it anyway.
 
Everyone in Romlandia has opinions about How Reviews Should Be, and particularly on the topic of Nice vs. Snarky. I've shared mine before. I rather like how Megan McArdle lays it all out. People can and should and will review exactly how they want to -- this is one way that I agree with.

Best of Lists, everywhere! They're out there. Everywhere you look, you are in danger of severe swelling of your to-be-read list. Frankly, I'm avoiding them until after I have mine done... at least, I'm hoping to get something like that published this week....

Catching My Eye - titles making their way toward my TBR...

A Home for Wayward Husbands by Johnee Cherry- a compelling review from Jackie Weger.  

Conquering Passion by Anna Markland, profiled on a new-to-me blog, Medieval Romances. I do love a good Conquering Norman.

What I'm reading
If you can believe it, I am still in the middle of the Sarah MacLean and Laura Kinsale titles that I mentioned several weeks ago.  Seriously no time for reading in ages.

That's it for this week!

No comments:

Visitors

  © Blogger template Coozie by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP